Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Away

So the giant, Isabella and I went to Winchester, VA.  Having never been before I found out that Winchester is the home of Admiral Byrd and Patsy Cline

While there, we went on a picnic and wine tasting at Veramar Vineyard.  Isabella had a blast prancing around the grounds, and she sat happily in her carry bag throughout the tasting.  We left enriched for our experience, and with a few bottles of wine. 

We also went to the driving range at  Rock Harbor Golf Course.  My arms are still insanely sore.  However, I was very glad we didn't play a round a golf.  I am far from a professional golfer and the holes were insanely long.  The longest is 7,200 yards!!

Another highlight was having dinner at One Block West.  It's worth making the trip just to eat at this restaurant.  If you go, make sure you have reservations.  I'm still drooling thinking about the fabulous food we had there.  The service and waitstaff was the best I had experienced in years.  Please consider this a rave review and put this place on your must eat list.

A real treat was exploring Old Town.  The architecture was amazing, the shops adorable and the people friendly.  The only downside was that due to it being a holiday weekend, not a lot of shops were open when we went through.  The shame of it was there was an adorable yarn shop, Knit 1 Purl 2,  that I really wanted to jump into (with full support of the giant).  However, the giant did encourage me to shop in The Potomac Bead Company, and he even helped me pick out some beads for upcoming designs!  How I wish we had a place like this local to where I live.  But on further thought, it's probably a really good thing there isn't one closer.  I'd break the bank in very short order. 

All-in-all a fabulous experience and one that has encouraged me to 1) get to the driving range more frequently, 2) visit more vineyards, and 3) go back and eat at One Block West!

Of course since we were on the go the entire time, all that care I put into packing my craft bags was wasted.  We didn't do anything other than enjoy ourselves exploring the area!

I have pictures that I can't wait to share. 

No comments: