Monday, June 28, 2010

Glimmer Shawl

So I found this fabulous yarn hiding in my stash pile.  It's a very old Caron Yarn called Glimmer in a shade of Hyacinth.  I like alliteration, assonance and consonance, so that explains why I bought this yarn with its catchy slogan "Glimmer, for a Subtle Shimmer".

So I decided I must make a shawl with it - sometimes yarn speaks to you.  I have been worrying that I wouldn't have enough to finish the shawl, but I am now on the home stretch and am really thinking it will wind up being perfect. 
I'm using a V- Stitch to make this shawl and think it's working up quite pretty.  I love the light scallop on the ends.  (Pretend you don't see my husband's hairy leg in the background).
Here I am starting a V-Stitch - double crochet - chain one, double crochet.
I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.  I'd stay up late and finish this shawl.  I love to finish projects.  Of course I also love starting new ones too!  I'm enjoying working on this shawl so much, I'm tempted to make a different style shawl next (though I did have a baby blanket next on my list). 

No comments: