Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The New Towne Hookers

So twice a month I crochet with the ladies at the New Towne Assisted Living Community.  We all have a great time, and I think it does me as much good as it does them, to get together, crochet, knit, gossip and laugh.  Everybody's welcome.  So if you want to come and learn to crochet or knit with us, just let me know, we all would love to see you there.  So the ladies were requesting a name for our merry band and I suggested The Happy Hookers, which sent up peals of laughter.  Ms. Frannie, being reasonable, suggested the New Towne Hookers.   :o)
Here's a picture of some of the New Towne Hookers working on their projects!
Here's Ms. Nancy (aka Wiggles) winding yarn into manageable balls.  
And here is Ms. Margaret (aka Giggles) cracking up at something Ms. Frannie's said.
And here's Ms. Nancy.  Look at what she's working on...it's a hat for me!
Ms. Frannie snapped a picture of me in my new hat.

Of course I didn't get pictures of all the ladies.  I'll try to snag some more next time, and get some pics of their various projects.  I didn't stay as late this week, due to my back acting up from my fall.  But next time, will be a full work night with the ladies.  I always have an extra hook and some stashed yarn in my project bag.  Remember you are welcome to come and hang out with us.  :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the pics. I really had fun Tuesday nite.
FancyB