Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Dominican Republic

My new screensaver

If you have never been to the Dominican Republic, and even if you have, I highly recommend it.  Sandy white beaches, warm sun, palm trees swaying in the breeze, clear sparkling water and beautiful people...I know you are getting the picture.

In the Palm Tree Shade

We stayed in Punta Cana at the RIU Macao Resort.  An all-inclusive package is the ONLY way to travel.  We ate so much glorious food, and there were many restaurants to choose from.  We had excellent wait staff and cabana boys, bringing us our hearts desire in beverages, a well-kept room, massages, and more.  Words truly cannot do this place justice. 

Swan Towel with Fresh Flowers

BTW, I am so tight with money that I squeak sometimes, but this vacation was extremely affordable, and after comparing with some of my friends who do the "cruises", I had the much better deal and an even better experience.  I made the travel arrangements through a local travel company, and they were able to get me the best deals, best rates, best flights, and best guidance and direction.  I think in this internet age we forget about travel agencies, but it saved me time, frustration, money and got me in the best place. 

Ahhh Vacation

If you are local to the Southern Maryland area...Call Stephanie at Cole Travel and let her know I sent you.  I don't get a bonus or anything, but I think it's wonderful to recommend things to people.  She arranged my travel to and from the airport, updated the American Embassy on our behalf, and arranged for goodies to be left in our hotel room and half a million other things that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

No comments: