Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wil Wheaton

Yep, I've not blogged in forever and I have an overwhelming desire to blog about Wil Wheaton.  Go figure.

If you do not know who Wil Wheaton is, you can go ahead and stop reading. 

I've always hated Wil Wheaton.  It's the nerd in me.  Either you are pro-Wil Wheaton or not in my little nerd world. I was anti-Wil.  Years later, he pops up on my newest favorite show, Big Bang Theory and once again, he is so easy to hate.  He gets the major dislike button. 

So now, imagine my surprise, and my angst, that I discover that Wil Wheaton is not a bad guy.  He's genuinely nice.  He's really smart.  He's amazingly insightful.  He sticks up for what he believes in.  He is a great writer.  He is an animal lover.  He brews his own beer.  :o/

Could I possibly have been wrong all this time about Wil Wheaton?  The answer is yes (and no).  I hate all the characters he takes on.  However, that's the point isn't it?  He's a great actor if I hate his characters and then discover he, as a person, is an all around pretty good guy.  So I've changed my mind Wil.  I like you and find you quite impressive.  This time, I admit, I was wrong.  My apologies for loving to hate you. 

If you want to know more about Wil, read his blog, start following him on twitter, or check out his book, Just a Geek.


No comments: